Instead of participating in the excessive consumerism that usually happens today that results in tons and tons of trash, consider opting out. Here are a bunch of ways you can do that today:
1. Spend time with loved ones.
2. Go for a walk with a favorite friend (furry or otherwise) - or just enjoy your own company. Bring a trash back to clean up litter along the way.
3. Enjoy a quiet day at home and just hang out.
4. Journal about intentions for the holidays and the New Year.
5. Cuddle up with a good book or movie.
6. Make room for 2020. Collect things at home to donate to your local Good Will or Salvation Army.
7. Make plates of Thanksgiving leftovers and give to elder neighbors or those in need in your neighborhood.
8. Make turkey stock and soup from the Thanksgiving turkey for supper this week
9. Write Christmas cards and label envelopes. Kids can decorate cards and stick on stamps. Go for a walk to a nearby mail box (remember those?).
10. Make homemade cards, wrapping paper, and gift tags for Christmas with re-purposed paper. Kids can decorate with stickers.
11. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or elder home. Bring a favorite treat to share.
12. Practice random acts of kindness. Help others.
Visit REI.com for lots more ideas. Find something inside or outside to do some good for yourself or others. All the while keeping Mother Earth in mind and heart.
Be a part of peace on The Day After Thanksgiving. Please share!